2024 Trek Marlin 6 Gen 3 - Galactic Grey To Lithium Grey Fade
Trek Marlin 6 Gen 3 Hardtail Mountain Bike 2024
The Marlin 6 is the perfect ride for progressing your skills on the trails. Its updated slacker frame geometry makes it easier to control on descents while the upgraded suspension fork takes the edge off bumpy trails. Integrated rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to add accessories to this versatile steed.
It's right for you if...
You want a trail bike that's dialled for building confidence on the dirt, and versatile enough for commuting to work or school.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminium frame with modern trail riding geometry and internal routing that keeps cables protected and keeps the bike looking sleek. A 100 mm RockShox Judy front suspension fork that cushions rocks, roots and bumps in the trail, 10-speed fuss-free Shimano CUES shifting and the serious stopping power of hydraulic disc brakes.
Why you'll love it
- The Marlin Gen 3 gives you serious trail capability with bigger tyre clearance, internal dropper post routing, ThruSkew rear axle and longer, slacker geometry that gives you more stability on steeper trails and at higher speeds
- Its RockShox fork gives you 100 mm of suspension for turning rocks and roots on the trail into smooth-sailing
- Rack and mudguard mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Internal routing makes it easy to add a dropper post that lets you lower your saddle on the fly for more confident descending
- Marlin models in sizes XXS and XS have a curved top tube and lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
The final word
The Marlin 6 is an ideal trail bike for riders who want to progress on the dirt, and want a bike that can keep them rolling off of the trail, too.
Frame Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5 mm ThruSkew Rear shock None Fork RockShox Judy, coil spring, preload, TurnKey lockout, 100 mm QR, 100mm travel (80mm travel on XXS model) Headset Semi-integrated, 1-1/8" Shifters Shimano U6000, 10-speed Front derailleur None Rear derailleur Shimano CUES U6000 GS Chainset FSA Alpha Drive, 30T Bottom bracket FSA, 73 mm, threaded cartridge, 122.5 mm spindle Chain Shimano LG500 Cassette Shimano CUES LG300, LINKGLIDE, 11-48, 10-speed Wheelset Bontrager Kovee, double-wall, Tubeless-Ready, 28-hole, 23 mm width, Presta valve Hubs Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 100 mm ThruSkew
Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5 mm QR
Spokes Tyres XXS: Bontrager XT3 Elite, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength casing, wire bead, 60 tpi, 26x2.35"
S and larger: Maxxis Ardent Race, tubeless, EXO casing, folding bead, 60 tpiCoConsul
Brakes Tektro HD-M275 hydraulic disc, Tektro, 6-bolt, 160mm Handlebars Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise Grips Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on Stem Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, Blendr-compatible, 7-degree Saddle Bontrager Verse Short, stainless steel rails Seatpost Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset Pedals VP-536 nylon platform